Friday, July 13, 2012

Grooming

Having long-haired cats definitely involves grooming. Heath is particularly prone to mats under his elbows and in his britches. This naturally means that he is not fond of grooming, in spite of my constant efforts since he first came home. Cali, on the other hand, adores grooming. She grooms herself frequently, and has the scraggly tail hair to prove it. I've found the easiest way to keep up on trying to keep the Coons mat free is to have brush and comb handy. Grooming tools tend to live on the kitchen desk or the coffee table so I can grab them any time I notice a mat starting when I pet the kitties. Heath does not appreciate my efforts. He lets me brush him, but insists that the problem areas are off limits. Which means I've gotten fast at grabbing my scissors and snipping mats. He will actually bite to tell me off (not hard, usually), bad boy, and then gives me loves to make up for it. Cali comes running when she sees me brushing Heath. Coon princesses love their beauty treatment! Keeping her mat free is much less problem. I start out working on Heath, and end up brushing Cali who insists on hogging my attention. She trades off by grooming my hair for me to get me out of bed in the morning. (I don't appreciate her grooming as much as she does).

Cali is relaxing after a good brushing. 

Heath made good on his escape when Cali butted in.
Do you groom your kitties regularly? How do they like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment