Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Getting to know you - brother and sister reunite

Heath and Cali met up on Saturday. I was so curious to see what would happen. I have to say that their reunion has gone well. Cali was really funny. She took one look at Heath and was *in love*. Heath was not quite so impressed, but given that he was really not feeling his best a little grumpiness is understandable. Cali set out to win him over. While Heath was lashing his tail and looking cranky, Cali went into total cuteness mode. Her relaxed posture and rolling on her back made it plain that she was no threat to Heath. She used that back rolling to slowly scoot closer. What a flirt! Basically, Heath had no chance against his sister's determined campaign to win him over. While they haven't yet progressed to curling up together, they keep track of each other's whereabouts and seek each other out. Heath isn't quite ready for mutual grooming and body contact, but there has been lots of play between them. I don't know if they really remembered each other, but it was as good an introduction as I could have wished for. I'm sure that as Heath recovers from his surgery they are going to be very close. This is the first time we have ever had sibling pets. They are so much fun!

I'm too cute to threaten anyone.

Where did my brother go now?

1 comment:

  1. When I saw that top picture the first thought that came to mind was "I've been playing with your glue-gun again."

    ReplyDelete