Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Welcome!

I've decided my newest interest is worthy of its own blog, so join me here on my journey with my Maine Coon kitten, Heath. Many, many years ago, my husband and I occasionally showed our pet kitties as Household pets. Heath will hopefully be our first "real" show cat, but getting him to the show ring is an adventure.

Back in August, we decided it would be fun to take the kids to a cat show. We hadn't been to one in many years. Heath and his siblings were entered in the show. Daughter and I fell in love with him, and wouldn't you know it, he was available! And yes, the breeder would love it if we showed him in the Premier division (for spayed and neutered cats). So in September, at 5 months old, Heath came to live with us. He is registered as Furensics TC Chocolate Heath Piece. My goal was to show him enough to earn his Grand Premier and have some fun, and also to experiment with applying my learning of the use of positive reinforcement with my agility dogs to have a fun and fabulous relationship with this big, gorgeous kitty and see where it takes us. Our journey was just beginning, and I'll share it with you.

Welcome to my new blog!

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog! I blog from my perspective as a Maine Coon breeder, but also write about my other pets and my family at dracoonfly.blogspot.com.

    Sharon Stegall
    Dracoonfly Maine Coons

    ReplyDelete