Thursday, January 12, 2012

Surprise!

Today is the big day. Heath is having his ear surgery. It has been a very tough week for me. We suddenly and unexpectedly lost our Australian Shepherd on Saturday. With just the three small dogs and the cats there is less poop to pick up, less hair in the house, less noise. And it just feels like less. There is a gaping hole in my heart labeled Annie.

Today should be a turning point towards good things and healing. I am so looking forward to Heath's ears being healed and putting those issues behind us. Tomorrow when he comes home, there will be a surprise for him, and I'm really hoping he likes it. Today I met up with his breeder and brought home his sister Cali (previously called Gigi) to live with us!
This is the last time we saw Cali, back in September when we picked up Heath. She is the pretty gray (black smoke) and white girl on the left. Heath is on the right.

Through no fault of anyone, Heath has turned out to be a very expensive cat. When his breeder offered a second kitten, even my husband couldn't bring himself to say no. (the man is crazy about Maine Coons as it turns out. Shhh, don't tell him I told you)  Although Heath does great playing with the dogs, I'm really hoping he will enjoy having his sister as a playmate. Logic tells me that I shouldn't expect them to remember each other after three and a half months, but I really hope that they do! Now you know why this blog is about TWO main(e) things.
I'm a princess. I'm not as brave as my brother, and I'm not at all sure about having moved to a new home and family. I am a sweet lap kitty. I'll adjust in a few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment